The Medical Home for Youth & Family
This course is designed to help patients and their families who want to learn more about the Medical Home and their role and the role of others to ensure best practices in its implementation.
Complimentary thanks to support from the Virginia Department of Health.
Note: The system will take you through a check out process for identification, but you will not be entering any purchase information such as a credit card.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key participants in a patient and family-centered medical home
- Identify the characteristics of a successful patient and family-centered medical home
- Describe the benefits of a patient and family-centered medical home to the key stakeholders, collaborative partners, patients, and their families
- Describe the value of a patient and family-centered medical home to the key participants
- Describe the determinants and measurable outcomes of the implementation of a successful patient and family-centered medical home
- Marcus C. Allen, MPH, Virginia Dept. of Health
- Dana Yarbrough, MA, Center for Family Involvement, Partnership for People with Disabilities, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Bethany Geldmaker, PhD PNP, Virginia Dept. of Health
- Shamaree Cromartie, MPH, Virginia Dept. of Health
- Carla Hegwood, MPH, Virginia Dept. of Health
- Meagan Robinson, DrPH MPH, Virginia Dept. of Health
- Kathleen Bunch-Meneses, MS, Program Manager, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Office of Continuing Medical Education
Learning Method and Medium:
Learners participate in the interactive learning modules by correctly answering multiple choice questions dispersed throughout. Learners will be prompted to try again if a question is answered incorrectly. The course will open in a new tab – to exit the course, simply close that tab.
This publication and website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $12,287,553. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
Purchase grants one learner one year’s access to lessons and quizzes (access expires 365 days from date of course activation.)
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
Certificate of Completion